Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lunchbox week

On Monday we were really bored. It was a horrible day and Mia was getting OVER the holidays (luckily she went to a friends on Tuesday and has preschool the rest of the week!). So we experimented with lots of lunch and snack ideas that we wouldn't normally do.


Fruit kebabs: Mia loved these, Ellie just ate the marshmallow!!! A good way to make fruit a bit more exciting.



A pretty picture made from luncheon and sandwich flowers with blueberry middles, cheese stalks and cucumber leaves. There are millions of pictures much more elaborate and cool and made out for food for kids on pinterest. Again, Mia thought this was cool, Ellie who is a bird at the best of times, ate 1 sandwich and 1 piece of luncheon. Not really worth the effort!!



Parfait with layers of yoghurt, blueberries and muesli. Girls not so keen on muesli so if I did it again I would use a less rough cereal. I thought they were delicious!



Ants on a log. I remember eating these as a kid. I had my doubts Mia would like them but she thinks they are the coolest thing out! Even though she does disect them a bit to eat them.

Jelly in fruit. I tried to pack these full of fruit and put as little jelly as possible. Much cheaper than buying fruit cups from the supermarket and my girls would eat these all day given the opportunity! You can make fruit juice jelly with gelatine as well.



I hope some of these ideas appeal to your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment